FreedomFest is an annual festival where free minds meet to celebrate “great books, great ideas, and great thinkers” in an open-minded society. It is independent, non-partisan, and not affiliated with any organization or think tank. FreedomFest invites the “best and the brightest” from around the world to talk, strategize, socialize, and celebrate liberty. FreedomFest is open to all and is purely egalitarian, where speakers, attendees, and exhibitors are treated as equals. The Washington Post called it “the greatest libertarian show on earth.”
FreedomFest 2018 will be July 11-14, 2018 at the Paris Resort and Casino, Las Vegas, NV. The theme is “Where Is the Voice of Reason?”
FreedomFest is open to anyone who enjoys a wide interest in books, art, music, film, and drama in all topics, including science, philosophy, economics, health, sports, technology, business, religion, law, and politics. FreedomFest attracts people of all walks of life and across the political spectrum to learn, debate and honor great books, great ideas, and great thinkers.
FreedomFest 2018 will have over 200 different speakers speaking in over 125 general sessions, debates, panels, lectures and other presentations.
Highlights of the previous FreedomFest conferences include:
- New York Times columnist and Nobel laureate Paul Krugman and chief economic analyst for the Heritage Foundation Steven Moore debated “What’s the Best Policy to Restore the American Dream?” [Thursday, July 9, 2015, 10:30am MT]
- Author and film maker Dinesh D’Souza‘s first public talk since spending eight months in a “Community Confinement Center” in San Diego for violating federal campaign election rules. [Friday, July 10, 2015, 12:30pm MT]
- In 2015 we put “The Federal Reserve on Trial” for its inflationary bailout of a highly leveraged and defective banking system. [Friday, July 10, 2015, 5:20pm MT]
- Now in its fifth year, the Anthem Film Festival seeks the best stories and documentaries about individuals who choose their own paths and make things happen for themselves. The 2015 films explored new concepts of the American Dream, while also warning of threats to personal liberty. More at AnthemFilmFestival.com [runs concurrently with FreedomFest]
- Glenn Beck shared insights from his new book, “Conform: Exposing the Truth about Common Core and Public Education.” [Friday, July 10, 2015, 6:30pm MT]
- John Stossel did an in-depth show on the subject of the “American Dream” during a live taping [Thursday, July 9, 2015, 7:00pm MT]
- North Korean defector Yeonmi Park shared her inspiring story of how she came to realize the repressive nature of the North Korean government and how she managed to escape the most oppressive regime in the world. [Saturday, July 11, 2015, 12:30pm MT]
- Donald Trump faced a libertarian crowd including Roberto Salinas of Mexico when he addressed the FreedomFest crowd at SRO capacity.